I don't pretend I'm Nigella Lawson, but we have fun baking in this house. Well Noah & I have fun baking, daddy moans about the mess, but not the cake, funny that! One of my goals this year is to learn how to bake nice cakes, and also work on my decorating/presentation skills. But today wasn't about presentation, we wanted cake, and we wanted it now:)
6 digestive biscuits
1 x 250g/ 9oz tub mascarpone cheese
6 tablespoons lemon curd
1 tablespoon lemon juice
120ml/4 floz double cream
3 teaspoons lemon curd (optional)
- Line a muffin tray with 6 cases.
- Put biscuits in a bag and bash (note my professional terminology) with a rolling pin until they are crumbs.
- Melt butter in pan, then stir in crumbs.
- Divide between the cases, pushing down with your fingers, chill whilst preparing the cream mixture.
- Beat together the mascarpone, lemon curd and lemon juice in an electric mixer.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon filling on top of biscuit base.
- Top with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon curd if you wish.
Stuff your face;)