Sunday 26 February 2012

Male deafness

I'm concerned. I fear my husband is going deaf at an early age!

He doesn't appear to be able to hear when one of our children needs something. He doesn't appear to be able to hear me when I answer the question "any post today Al?" SIX times when he comes in from work. I know he can't hear the cat meowing for food, poor Harry repeats his request for hours on end.

Take this morning for example. He sleeps right next to Noah all night. At 545am Noah decides standing at his baby gate and screaming at the top of his lungs "I waaaant Mummmmmmeeeee" is the done thing. It wakes me, and Benjamin,asleep in wonderful dream land, across the hall in a different room. Benjamin by the way, slept past 5am for the first time in weeks. Wonderful.

Yet, Tim lays there (apparently) unable to hear this noise. Should I book him in to the dr? I wonder if it's hereditary and I need to be concerned for my boys future hearing?

Then I remember. The other day I was in the kitchen and I asked Tim if he wanted a beer? "Yes please Al" came the reply from one room away. I also remember asking this week if we could book a holiday? The very animated response I got tells me there is nothing wrong with Tim's hearing. Unless it's something he doesn't want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by

Aly